He's performing at the Newport Folk Festival this year. Here's the relevant information for you:
Friday, Tennis Hall of Fame, doors 6:30p, music 8p
Sat. and Sunday, Fort Adams State Park, parking 8a, doors 10a, music 11:30a
For line-up and more info, visit www.newportfolkfest.net
It looks like an incredible line-up (Jim James, Calexico, Richie Havens and Levon Helm, to name a few), and here are our top five reasons to show:
5. Because the line-up is incredible. And you're in New England. Duh.
4. American Idol's off for the night, and it's time to get your fill of real music. Don't worry, we won't tell.
3. Brandi Carlile needs YOU to be out there clapping for her. She requested specifically.
2. So you can meet this infamous blog-owner mushing it up with all the great musicians. And knock him one for the bad review.
1. Because you want to make right to Yim Yames for being an arse a couple years back. Oops.
So bring your blanket and cooler (no glass!) and come sit out in the blistering sun. We're also a huge fan of the Newport Jazz Festival the weekend after (HUUUGE fan), but we're going to be off for that week. Feel free to email your stories at the email provided in the title, we'd love to hear them. Peace, love, and good music,